Master reset with hardware keys. A master reset restores the original factory settings and may delete your personal data on the internal storage, such as downloaded content, ringtones, images, apps, and contacts. It does not delete data stored on the SIM card or SD card.
If the device menus are frozen or unresponsive, you can master reset using hardware keys. To perform a master reset, follow these steps:
- Back up all data on the internal memory.
- Power off the device and ensure it is not connected to any USB cables.
- At the same time, press and hold the following keys for 8 seconds: Power key + Volume down key
- When the LG Logo is displayed, release and then immediately re-hold the Power key.
- When the ‘FACTORY HARD RESET’ screen displays, release the keys.
- Press the Power key to reset or one of the Volume keys to cancel.
- Press the Power key to confirm the reset. The reset will start immediately.